Making Rotis for the family can be time-consuming. For bachelors, the most difficult part could be rolling the Chapati and for some people, it is an impossible task. In such a case, the roti maker can prove to be of great help as it can help you in making chapatis and rotis with a lot of ease. All you need to do is that you need to make the soft dough and you can put the dough balls in the roti maker. You will get hot chapatis with the help of these best roti makers now.
This not only makes the task easy for you but it also speeds up the process. In such a case, it makes sense to purchase a roti maker if you have a large family or if you do not really wish to spend a lot of time in making rotis. They can enable you to multitask while you are in the kitchen.
To help you further, we have compiled a list of the best roti makers available in the market. Also, we have listed a buying guide for you which can help you in clearing the confusion while you are selecting the roti maker for your family.
Best Roti Makers in India 2019
Here is we collect the list of best roti makers (chapati maker) available in India 2019. Hope our collection will help you to choose best roti maker.
Bajaj had been one of the best brands when it comes to kitchen appliances. The company also manufactures roti makers. There is one standard model which sells a lot in India. It is quite popular and it is one of the best-selling models as well. This roti maker from Bajaj also comes at an affordable price. Getting into the details, this roti maker is quite versatile as it can not only make Chapati but it can also make Khakra. Both the surface of the roti maker has a non-stick Teflon coating which ensures that the dough doesn’t stick to the surface.
The quality of the materials used is very good and this roti maker is also shockproof. It also has a handle which is totally heat resistant. This means that you can easily use it without the fear of burns. As per the details available, the roti maker is ISI market and it has an auto-off feature as well.
- Has a stainless steel body with a non-stick Teflon coated surface.
- Comes with auto cut-off feature along with a power-on
- The sturdy design which can last for years without a doubt.
- Easy to Use and doesn’t needs any getting used to for making amazing hot chapatis.
- Comes with a shockproof sturdy design and a stainless steel body which houses a heat resistant handle.
- Comes with 12 months warranty.
- Nothing as such.
Are you fond of tandoori rotis? Do you always have to go out to get tandoori rotis or naans? Well, this product is specifically for you. This is not exactly a traditional roti maker that you had been looking for but it is the gas oven which can make tandoori rotis for you. you would need to flatten the dough by yourself or you would need to give shape to the dough all by yourself before you will be able to use the gas oven. The good part is that this gas oven is very versatile. It can not only help you in making tandoori rotis but it can also help you in making dal Bati, pizza, naan and even Kulcha.
The price is very affordable and the body is made of Aluminium. The quality of this Tandoori Roti Maker is simply amazing and it will last for long years without giving any issues. It should be noted that this tandoori roti maker doesn’t need an electric supply but it functions on the gas. Overall, you can go ahead and purchase this product if you are looking for something that offers you versatility when compared with the traditional roti maker.
- Not your traditional roti maker but a gas oven which can make Tandoori Roti and Naan.
- A gas oven and hence it doesn’t need an electric supply.
- Made of Aluminium which is durable and easy to use as well.
- Offers a lot of versatility as it can help you in makingTandoori Roti, dal Bati, pizza, naan and even Kulcha.
- Very affordable unlike other roti makers or ovens.
- Easy to use and easy to clean as well. Lightweight since it is made of Aluminium
- This can’t flatten the dough for you.
If you are still searching for a roti maker and if you are not able to find the right one because you need a portable roti maker then this could really be the end of your search. This roti maker from Favy is quite compact and it is also easy to travel with this Roti Maker. You can keep this Roti Maker in your hostel or in your home without any major concerns. The roti maker has a non-stick surface. This means that your dough would not stick to the roti maker and the roti would not break. In addition to this, you would have to use less amount of dry flour while making the rotis.
The body of this roti maker from Favy is made of stainless steel but at the same time, the body is also shockproof so as to provide the safety to the person who is making rotis for you. The company has also included a Demo CD with the roti maker which ensures that you get the right procedure to make roti with help of this roti maker. The diameter of the bottom plate is 8 inches and hence this would be the size of your roti as well.
- Comes with non-stick plates with a diameter of 8 inches.
- Has a shockproof design and a sturdy metal body
- Compact design and it is also quite portable.
- Portability is the best advantage of this roti maker.
- The next advantage is ease of use. It takes just a couple of tries to get used to the Roti Maker
- Comes at a very affordable price.
- No warranty information available.
A lot of people do not like the idea of cooking the roti on the roti maker. They just need a roti maker which can help them in flattening the dough in round shapes. If you are also looking for something on similar lines then you must check out this roti maker which can help you in pressing the dough in round shape. This doesn’t include a heating element or it doesn’t cook roti for you so that you can make it in a traditional way on pan or Tawa. The advantage of this roti maker is that it offers you a lot of flexibility. What we mean here is that you can flatten different types of dough and that can be used in making rotis, tandoori rotis, naan, Khakra and even papads. This is the best part about this Roti Maker.
The design is very simple as this has 2 metal plates with a press to flatten the dough. Using it is also very easy so you do not really have to worry about anything if you purchase this roti maker. There are no electrical components involved so the chances of breaking down are close to null.
- Has an anti-slip sole which ensures that the roti maker doesn’t slip while you apply pressure.
- The grip is made of good anti-slip plastic and hence it offers a lot of stability as well.
- Can make various things like Roti, Papad and any other type of Indian bread.
- No Electrical component and hence it lasts very long.
- Comes with anti-slip sole and a good grip in terms of the handle
- Works well when it comes to flattening any type of dough
- Can make rotis with a maximum diameter of 6 inches.
On number 5, we have a roti maker from Prestige and you really need to check out this roti maker before you move ahead. There is one additional feature in this roti maker which makes a lot of difference for you. To put things into perspective, this roti maker comes with a temperature controller which lets you control the temperature of the hot plates. This can make a lot of difference when you compare this roti maker with all other roti makers available in the market. Apart from this, the body is made of stainless steel and it also has non-stick plates. The handle is heat resistant and all other features are similar to the ones that you find in other roti makers.
The power rating of this roti maker is also 900 watt but it is quite good when it comes to making rotis. The brand also offers 1 year warranty on this product which is as per the market standards but you do not face any issue even after the long term usage. After all, Prestige is a synonym for quality. So, if you are looking for a roti maker with adjustable temperature then this is the one for you.
- Comes with adjustable temperature known
- Has a stainless steel body with non-stick plates
- Has a power rating of 900 watts and it is very energy efficient.
- Comes with a temperature control knob which makes a lot of difference
- Easy to use and the non-stick plates are of good quality as well.
- Has a very sturdy design and it comes with a 1 year warranty.
- Slightly expensive when compared with other models.
The next one on our list is another product from Bajaj. The product mentioned on number 1 and this product has only slight variations in terms of designs. Overall, this roti maker from Bajaj is also quite amazing in terms of the quality and other standards. The wattage of this roti maker is 900 watts and it can make rotis or Khakhras very easily. Apart from this, the design uses elements of stainless steel in the body whereas the handles are made of high quality plastic so as to make them heat resistant. This model is also highly efficient.
Talking about the hot plates, they have a Teflon coating on them which makes them non-stick. The roti maker also has a temperature sensor which cuts off the supply when a certain temperature is reached. This helps in ensuring that the rotis do not get burned because of overheating. The indicator led on the roti maker will tell you about the status of the roti maker heating element. So all you need to do to make a nice roti is that you need to make the dough and you need to put the dough ball inside the roti maker. Leave rest to the roti maker and do not forget to turn on the power supply.
- The body is made of stainless steel and the inner plates have Teflon coating.
- Easy to use which and has a temperature-controlled auto cut-off feature.
- You can make Khakhras apart from rotis and chapatis.
- Non-stick plate ensures that the dough doesn’t sticks and the handle ensure that you do not get a burn.
- Priced reasonably well and it is quite affordable as well.
- Comes with 1 year warranty which adds to the confidence of the user.
- Need to make the soft dough to ensure that you get fluffy chapatis.
This is second such product on our list and we would like to mention again that this is not an electric roti maker but this is a manual roti maker which can only compress the dough to give you a flat Chapati that can be cooked ina pan. You can use this to make Papad, chapatis and even Puris. This has an all-metal construction which makes it really sturdy. You would not be disappointed with the quality because of this metal construction. The handle is screwed to the body with one screw which can easily be removed for the cleaning purpose. You can wash this directly under the water or you can pop this into the dishwasher as well.
The best advantage of this Chapati maker is that it doesn’t need an electric supply to function. Since there are no electric parts associated with this roti maker, the chances of breaking down are close to 0. The diameter of the chapatis that you can get with the help of this press is 6.5 inches to 7 inches. Apart from that, you can use some oil to make chapatis and this will ensure that the dough doesn’t stick at all.
- A Chapati press which is made of all-metal design
- Dishwasher safe and maintains a high level of hygiene.
- Can make chapatis of 6.5 inches to 7 inches.
- Metallic design with no plastic at all.
- No power supply required. Can quickly make flat dough hence it is a perfect machine for the times when you have guests at home.
- Very easy to clean. You can even wash this directly under the water.
- Doesn’t have non-stick plates and slightly
This is yet another manual Chapati maker on our list and this Chapati maker comes with a metallic design. The advantage of this roti maker is that the grip handle is very good and it offers an ultimate grip to the use. This roti maker also has a rubber sole which ensures that the Chapati maker doesn’t slide when you apply pressure on it. The material used here is stainless steel and the advantage of the material is that it is sturdy. Apart from this, the stainless steel plates also act as a non-stick plate which ensures that the dough doesn’t stick to the surface of the roti maker.
Since it is a manual roti maker, you can put the dough ball into the Chapati maker and compress it to get a flat roti. Once that is done, you can lift the roti and put it on tawa or in tandoor to get a perfect roti. Another advantage of purchasing this manual roti maker is that it is very easy to clean. You do not have to worry about deposits and you can simply go ahead and put this roti maker under the water to clean it.
- Manual roti maker which can flatter almost every type of dough.
- Comes with a stainless steel design and sturdy plastic grip.
- Can be washed under the water as it has no electrical parts.
- Easy to clean and maintains hygiene while making rotis
- Durable and has a stainless steel design which makes it last for years.
- Very affordable when compared to other models
- Nothing as such.
Most of the roti makers that you have seen until now can make the chapatis for you if you put the dough ball in between the hot plates. But what about the people who do not have time to make dough or who do not know how to make the dough? Well, let us introduce you to Rotimatic and this is a robotic roti maker. Surprised? Well, you will be surprised to know about the features of this roti maker. To make rotis, you just need to load all the contents in the container in this roti maker. Simply assemble the containers with dry flour, water and oil. Once this is done, you can select the mode of operations and the number of chapatis that you want. Get ready to collect your chapatis and enjoy the hot meal. It is also easy to clean this roti maker because all you have to do to clean the roti maker is press a button.
This machine uses an algorithm which makes it learn with every roti that it makes. In addition to this, you can make masala rotis, puris, tortillas and even pizzas with the help of this roti maker. You can alter the thickness, roast level and the oil level while using this roti maker. It is a fully automatic roti maker just that it is expensive.
- A robotic roti maker which works in fully automated mode. You just need to select mode and that’s it.
- It can clean itself with the push of a button and hence it is virtually maintenance-free.
- This can help you in making a variety of bread and rotis with a lot of ease. The recipes can be downloaded over the internet.
- Fully automatic and can function with the touch of a button. Can be used via the mobile app as well.
- Very easy to clean and offers a lot of variety to the user.
- No need to make the dough, just load the raw ingredients and you are done.
- Very expensive from the price perspective.
This is the last model on our list from Prestige. This is one of the most advanced models available in the market and it offers a lot of control to the user as well. This roti maker also comes with a Demo CD. Talking about the feature, it has a non-stick coating but this non-stick coating is not of Teflon. The non-stick coating is of granite which is far more durable than the Teflon. The body is made of stainless steel and it is also shockproof. Overall, the quality is good and it also comes with a temperature control knob.
- Comes with a granite non-stick coating.
- Has a power consumption of 900 watts.
- Comes with a temperature adjusting knob and auto-cut off feature.
- The brand offers a 1 year warranty on the product.
- Highly efficient in terms of energy usage.
- Temperature can be adjusted with the help of the knob.
- Slightly expensive product.
Roti Maker Buying Guide
You can consider the factors listed below while purchasing a roti maker.
Type of Roti Maker
First thing to check is the type of roti maker you need. You can purchase a manual one or you can purchase the electrical ones. There are some robotic ones available as well. You need to understand the features you need and this will help you in making the initial choice.
Check the material that is used to make the roti maker. Ensure that it is made of stainless steel so as to avoid any type of rust. In addition to this, ensure that the body is also shockproof. This will help you in staying safe. You can also check the quality of the handle and the handle should be heat resistant to make it easy for you to use the roti maker.
The next thing to check is the hot plates that are the most important part of roti maker. You must only opt for the roti maker that has non-stick hot plates. The most common ones available in the market have a Teflon coating on them.
Talking about power consumption, most of the roti makers will have a rating of 900 watts. This is the standard and they are good to go with. Anything less can increase the cooking time and anything more than that might not prove to be energy efficient.
To ensure that your roti doesn’t get burned, buy the model which comes with auto cut-off feature. This will help you in maintaining the temperature without having to shut off the power supply manually. In addition to this, this feature is mostly accompanied by the status lights.
There are few models available with temperature adjustments knobs. You can opt for those models if you do not mind spending a little extra. The advantage of these roti makers is that it offers a higher utility.
Warranty and Brand
Check for the warranty and the brand value. Purchase the product from a trusted brand and at the same time, check for the warranty as well. The standard is 1 year for all electrical machines but for the manual ones, there is no warranty.
Last thing to check is the cost and ensure that whatever you buy is in your budget. Compare the price at a couple of places before making a final purchase decision.
This was all the information about the roti makers available in India. You can check them out and ease your pain of making chapatis by hand. They are also very versatile and at the same time, these roti makers are quite durable. You can check out the products listed above and in case of confusion, you can refer to the buying guide which will help you in purchasing the right product.